Free entry (no cover charge) for AJM members at Dizzy’s Jazz Club gigs this week:
- Thursday, 10th December – The Richmond Music Academy Gala Night includes an open mic, showcasing the talent that is produced by the academy.
- Friday, 11th December – Craig Schneider Trio. With musical influences ranging from the swinging style of Oscar Peterson and Nat “King” Cole to the fiery Latin music of Michel Camilo and Chick Corea, Craig performs a versatile and engaging repertoire of his own original compositions and jazz standards with his trio, featuring Ashley Smith (bass) and Nelson Piccin (drums).
- Saturday, 12th December – “Alto Battle” with Harold Jefta, David Rex and AJM member Roger Clark, with Rory Clark Trio. The Alto greats go head to head.
- Tuesday, 15th December – ‘New Bottle, Old Wine’ with Roger Clark Quartet. As a Dizzy’s Jazz Club exclusive, the Australian Institute of Music (AIM) takes the stage featuring their finest contemporary vocalists alongside renowned saxophonist and AJM member, Roger Clark, and his quartet.
- Wednesday, 16th December – Dizzy’s Big Band with Peter Hearne and Andie Dowell, with The Jassisters. Dizzy’s outstanding 18-piece Big Band plays every Wednesday playing traditional arrangements from the likes of Frank Sinatra, Count Basie and Duke Ellington through to modern masters such as Gordon Goodwin and Tom Harrell, Starring Peter Hearne and Andie Dowell on vocals.
Dizzy’s Jazz Club is an Australian Jazz Museum Jazz Venue Partner: 381 Burnley Street, Richmond, VIC. 03 9428 1233 Live jazz Tuesday – Saturday, plus an occasional Monday. Roger Clark is an AJM Musician Member, the proprietor of Dizzy’s Jazz Club, and often sits in or leads on sax.