Goals and Plans of the Marketing – Social Media – Public Relations Team
- Overall Goals: Utilise marketing, social media, and public relations to:
- Increase AJM awareness and appreciation amongst jazz lovers, jazz musicians, heritage bodies, and the general public.
- Increase the number of AJM members, volunteers, visitors, and donors.
- Increase revenues from AJM membership fees, donations, and events.
- Increase the donation of jazz materials to the collection.
- Short Term Plans: Create and build a fun team that utilises a high quality marketing, social media, and public relations approach, and measures progress using an effective quantitative approach. Recruit appropriate volunteers and develop appropriate processes. Build working relationships with other AJM volunteer teams.
Skills Desired and Responsibilities of the Marketing – Social Media – Public Relations Team
- Team Leader
- Skills: Leadership, drive, management skills, and initiative.
- Report to, and coordinate with the AJM’s president.
- Recruit volunteer team members, set standards, assign priorities, manage projects and campaigns. Responsible for web and social media content. Coordinate with the Graphics Design Team Leader (who will report to you).
- All team members (including the leader)
- Skill and expertise (or desire to learn) in at least one of the three areas: marketing, social media, and/or public relations.
- Focus on the importance of message consistently across various media (web, print, video, etc.) on all projects.
- Teamwork and enthusiasm – work with marketing, social media, and public relations team members, as well as members of other teams (graphic design, membership, events, magazine, shop, IT, etc.).
Volunteer On-Site and/or On-Line!
If you volunteer on-site, please aim for at least one day per week: Tue., Wed., or Fri. If you volunteer on-line, the schedule is project dependent and much more flexible.
Great! Please contact our volunteer coordinator Margot Davies on (03) 9800 5535 or firstname.lastname@example.org