In making material available online the Australian Jazz Museum acts in good faith. However, despite these safeguards, we recognise that from time to time material published online may be in breach of copyright laws, contain sensitive personal data, or include content that may be regarded as obscene or defamatory. If you are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, contravenes privacy laws, is obscene / defamatory and in terms of copyright law is not covered by a limitation or exception, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material.
- The exact and full URL where you found the material.
- The reason for your request, including but not limited to copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
Australian Jazz Museum
PO Box 6007
Wantirna Mall VIC 3152
Upon receipt of notification the ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
- The Australian Jazz Museum will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from the Australian Jazz Museum website pending an agreed solution.
- The Australian Jazz Museum will contact the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant. The contributor will be notified that the material is subject to a complaint, under what grounds, and will be encouraged to assuage the complaints concerned.
- The complainant and the contributor will be encouraged to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the Australian Jazz Museum website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the Australian Jazz Museum website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website.
- If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through the Australian Jazz Museum until a time when a resolution has been reached.