Join our Fun Group of Volunteers!
The Australian Jazz Museum is led and run entirely by volunteers and we love listening to jazz while we work. Volunteers can help out on-site (at the AJM), off-site, or online. All experience levels are welcome.
We would love to add more volunteers (leaders and team members) to the following teams – click on the link for a team/position description:
- membership team members;
- marketing, social media, and public relations team leader and team members;
- graphic design team leader and team members.
- jazz festivals, speakers, curators, video & film makers, volunteer recruitment.
- manager of major projects, museum tour guides/documents, business service coordination, group visit & refreshment coordination.
- computer cataloguing, conservation, archiving, research, grant applications, building renovations, exhibitions, cleaning and restoration, collection management.
If you have a great idea for an AJM team, project, or initiative that isn’t listed – volunteer anyway! We love new ideas!
Volunteer On-site or Online/Off-site
- Onsite (at the AJM). If you volunteer on-site, we ask that you volunteer a minimum of one day a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday), which makes it easier to coordinate with your fellow volunteers.
- Online or off-site. If you volunteer online or off-site, the time-frame is project dependent, and therefore much more flexible.
To Become an AJM Volunteer
- Become an Australian Jazz Museum member, and
- Contact the person mentioned in the team/position description or contact M. Davies, our volunteer coordinator, with your CV or relevant details.
We would love to hear from you!
Additional Ways to Support Us