Yes we are open again but ONLY on Tuesdays
from 10:00am to 3:00pm for the time being.
The premier Australian jazz museum and home of the largest Australian jazz collection.
Proactively collecting, archiving and disseminating Australian jazz.
Read about the many great benefits of becoming an Australian Jazz Museum member.
Over the last 3 months we have advised you of our proposed publicity campaign to promote our 25th Anniversary and our reopening to raise the profile of the AJM. Following close of this campaign we advise you of the following very positive outcomes which we have achieved.
- Paul Grabowsky came to the museum for Herald sun photos and a tour of the Museum on Tuesday 22nd February. He readily accepted his role as our Jazz Ambassador and agreed to assist us in our promotion.
- Our press release and Paul’s Museum visit resulted in the Saturday 26th of February, Herald Sun article as attached herewith.
- Our Press Release also resulted in Paul being interviewed by Denis Walter on 3AW on Monday evening 21st February, and Darren James on 3AW on Saturday Morning DJ Booth on 26th February. It was interesting to hear Denis say that he had never heard of the AJM, nor had Darren James.
- Mel Forbes was interviewed on PBS Radio by Paddy Harrison on Ports of Paradise on Friday 18th Feb., and 3CR Jazz on Saturday by John Smyth on 5th Feb.
- Peter O’Brien Radio Eastern promoted our Press release on Just Jazz on Friday 4th Feb.
- John Kumnick on 96.5 Inner FM Supper Club, promoted our press release. On Thursday 3rd Feb.
- Our local Councillor, Marcia Timmers-Leitch visited the Museum on Tuesday 22nd Feb. to reacquaint herself with the Museum and advise on available grants.
- Jackson Taylor MLA is coming to revisit the Museum on Tuesday 12th March.
- Nick Wakeling MLA will be visiting us shortly after a “covid positive test“ delay in his visit.
Overall, our campaign was a great success in raising the Public Profile of the AJM. However, the promotion must be ongoing, in particular, we must continue our campaign for more members and more volunteers. We also need to continue to chase grants and funding, however, our volunteers and members are our most valuable resource.
Thank you to all Volunteers and Members during this time
Noel and Lorraine McInnes
The museum requires help from people with Jazz knowledge for 2 important roles at the Museum.
1. Help in identifying Jazz people/ Musicians in the photos we have.
2. Help is also needed to sort the collections we have at the Museum
No Computer experience is required and no long-term commitment either
If you are interested, please contact Margot Davies on 0412 826 216 or call the Museum on Tuesdays on 9800 5535
Latest News Items
Member gigs include only those that we have received notification about (email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
For full gig guides for musician members, please go to the links for each member <here>.
Current Onsite Exhibition
PO Box 6007
Wantirna Mall Vic 3152
+61 3 9800 5535
Open to Visitors: Tues 10am – 3pm.
Acknowledgement of Country:
In the spirit of reconciliation the Australian Jazz Museum acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, water and community. We are on the traditional land of the Wurundjeri and Bunurong people of the Kulin Nation and we pay our respect to their elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.